Sunday, February 4, 2018

A day late but some new insight in the process!

The first day of training a new batch of learners was an interesting experience. The learning curve was steep at this session, learners picked up on the lingo and were immediately comfortable with the ultrasound probes. It was such a seamless session that two days worth of work fit into one! The hands-on session was equally as seamless showing me that the trainers we left behind are doing a fantastic job with introducing the basics to their trainees. 

So..now that I know this method of training the trainer can work here the obvious next thought is what to focus on next,once this project is on cruise control (estimated 3 years). Well that came to me in a very interactive way to say the least. It started with my urge to check out the Dhaka Art Summit after work...which by the way is an incredible exhibit of creativity, collaboration and progress. This exhibit which features international artists and displays the talent of international curators is in a beautiful building with beautiful outdoor space. Well lately I have been noticing that the fog and gloomy skies just has not been clearing and in fact it feels “heavy” outside. As many of you may or may not know recent information indicates that Dhaka is the most polluted city in the world. Well I felt that for myself when checking out the outdoor space at the art summit. I felt it in the form of post nasal drip, shortness of breath and a cough. As soon as I got home I immediately used my inhaler and took some antihistamines and because dehydration somehow is a result of just about everything I also rehydrated with some oral saline (for those of you following before this trip you’ll remember that oral saline is just about my favorite thing). It occurred to me that respiratory health must be a huge issue here and maybe there’s a need for primarily respiratory health centers that are small efficient and possibly mobile. (Wheels turning..) anyhow it’s an idea that’s a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment