Sunday, February 12, 2017

Training our trainers

 
We can't teach a two day course and expect everyone to know what they are doing! So we have identified a few intensivists, the few who are critical care trained and always in the ICU, as our designated trainers. They need to be proficient in the basics and hopefully over time with the gracious offer from tbt nuclear medicine and radiology department they can continue to practice their skills. I can already say after just a few extra hours with them each day (beyond the formal workshops) we are seeing a drastic improvement.

Even bigger news we are seeing a huge change in the pre and post tests meaning that what we are teaching them is sticking!! 

Our next stop is Sylhet! We fly out tomorrow. While Dhaka holds a special place in my heart Sylhet does as well, it is where we all fell in love with the "desh" meaning the the country and its land. 
 

Beautiful tea gardens everywhere and the added bonus of my fathers childhood home where we will stay. Lastly but most importantly it is the city where my paternal grandfather was killed by the Pakistani army--he was a surgeon who was working in Sylhet during the war in 1971 and although he heard that the opposing army was approaching he stayed because there were sick people who needed him. For anyone who wonders why I stay late at work sometimes or try to go the extra effort it is because of him, in a way that is how I try to preserve his memory and efforts. I am really looking forward to having the opportunity to train and work in the home city of my grandfather and grandmother, two people who have had a tremendous influence on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment