Thursday, August 1, 2019

My Return to Ethiopia (delayed posts)

Image result for map of ethiopia with mekelle and addis

This year I was asked to bring some critical care lectures and ultrasound training to Mek’elle, Ethiopia. If you recall, last year I had the pleasure of working at Black Lion Hospital in Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. It was a wonderful experience that was provided by the East African Training Initiative—a group that initiated out of Columbia University and over the years has partnered with several other academic institutions, to bring a Pulmonary Fellowship to Black Lion Hospital. Now years after its inception the program has trained and dispersed several well-trained Pulmonologists who are now all over the country. Mek’elle is a beautiful city about an hour plane ride away from Addis. I was greeted by greenery and beautiful rolling hills as we descended on to Mek’elle. The drive to the hotel displayed the rural areas outside of Mek’elle and within 20 minutes we arrived in the city center. After 24 hours of travel I am exhausted but excited to see what Ayder University Hospital has to teach me!



No comments:

Post a Comment